Friday, January 6, 2017

#3 Make 5 new foods

1. My first new food to try was Gumbo...it did not go so well. But it still counts!!

My attempt at the roux. I burned it...that was the problem.


 I  kept going since I really wasn't sure if I had actually burned it yet.


This was my dinner that night. 


2. Yorkshire Puddings! I made these after tasting Carly's Yorkshire Puddings at the ward Christmas party. This feeds my England addiction, too!



3. Scallops. I have been afraid of these for a while because on the food network channel they always talk about them being too rubbery. They were actually quite easy to make, although mine felt a little bit on the softer side. I think they are supposed to be at least a little hard.


Scallops with a bacon and garlic butter sauce.


4. Eggs Benedict. I've never had Eggs Benedict, I've never poached an egg, and I've never made a hollandaise sauce. Firsts all around!


Pretty darn good!


5. Beignets (the New Orleans way).


Christian made the rest of the batches after my first one came out over cooked. His were much prettier. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment